Chapter Name: Children of the Lost Eden
Domain Number: NY-004-D
Venue Name: The Supernal Stage
Lead Venue Storyteller: Craig Page
Storyteller Contact: [email protected]
Official Mailing List: http://groups.google.com/group/nyc-awakening
Official Wiki Page:
Games Hosted On: First Sunday of each month, game sites announced via http://groups.google.com/group/nyc-camarilla, the Domain google group and on http://nyccamarilla.org/,the Domain website.
II. Styles of Play
Action – Combat and Challenges 3
Character – PC Development 5
Darkness – PC death and corruption 3
Drama – Ceremony and grand story 4
Intrigue – Politics and negotiation 4
Manners – Social etiquette and peer pressure 2
Mystery – Enigmas and investigation 4
Pace – How fast stories develop: Moderate
Rating Description: 1 Never present, 2 Sometimes present, 3 Often present, 4 Usually present, 5 Always present
III. Game Schedule
Full Games: First Sunday of each month with game sites announced via the Domain googlegroup and on the Domain website. Game is a live run LARP
Downtime Event(s): There will be one monthly downtime event held on the second wednesday of the month. These events will allow players a chance to interact with each other and to log downtime actions with the storyteller. Players who participate in this event will be awarded 2xp
IV. Venue Description
a. We Are The Universe
– ‘We are the Universe’, Muse
First there was magic, then an island, then a war, then the Fall.
New York City is a land stuck in two worlds. It is both a world of glittering spires of glass and steel and murky alleys of concrete and stone. It is a world of bright lights and a world of dark secrets. It is a world of the most powerful beings and the poorest of souls. It is a symbol of freedom and individuality yet maintains status as part of the establishment and tradition. Always on the cutting edge, always beholden to its roots. The City of night and day, of dusk and dawn, of the Fallen and Supernal.
And in that world in between are the Mages, those that can discern the very Pattern of Reality and manipulate it towards their own will. What they do with their powers is up to them and them alone. When the powers of reality are yours to command, what do you do with it, and where do you go with it? With Cabals, Orders and Conspiracies forming everywhere, only one thing is certain:
There still is magic, and an island, soon a war, and perhaps the next Fall.
b. Boundaries: This VSS includes the entirety of the NY-004-D Domain. That includes the Five Boroughs of the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island
IV. Storytelling Mechanics
The Storytelling Staff reserves the right to ask participants of a scene to run the scene theatrically and with role playing rather than with challenges.
1. Proxy Rules: All proxy requests to this VSS for Proxy Play must be received by the Venue Storyteller in writing or email no less than 48 hours in advance. All Proxies will be considered Hard Proxies.
a. Hard Proxies require permission from the VST and require the following:
i. Full character sheet. This includes any special approvals for items/powers/influence/merits/flaws that require special approvals. Without proof of these approvals, those special approval items will **NOT** be used in the proxy.
ii. VST / DST / RST contact information (e-mail & phone number when possible). I will need to able to confirm things with them and give them the results of the proxy so they can incorporate said results into their games.
iii. Clearly stated goals for your character. You need to be as precise as possible when you state your character’s goals and actions for the proxy. Any information that is left out will be left up to the storyteller staff to include. Assumptions will be made if necessary.
iv. Contingency plans & Exit strategy. Please include contingency plans as the best-laid plans are sometimes disrupted. Without the contingency plans, the storyteller staff will make decisions for the characters. These decisions may or may not be what the players would have done
b. All Proxies: Players Agree to the following conditions. If you are not comfortable with these conditions, then do **not** proxy your character.
i. All proxy play is final. There are no do-overs. Death or worse are possibilities. In every proxy scene, there are inherent dangers. Players who agree to proxy are being made known these results are possibilities of proxy play.
ii. While in proxy play, the character will not play any place else or in other proxy scenes, or electronic forums. This includes the use of Auspex or similar powers to move outside the body.
c. Travel Risks: New York City, while having numerous points of entry and exit is a very dangerous place, numerous Law Enforcement agencies, local institutions and the city’s supernatuaral population all have an interest in keeping an eye on who enters and leaves the city and what they do while there. Any travel through the VSS carries at least the possibility of an incident which may intercept, redirect, turn-away or even harm a traveling character. All travel through this VSS must be reported to the VST and may involve a hard proxy at the ST’s discretion.
2. Initial Mana Mechanics:
a. Gnosis + Hallows + Pull= Starting Mana
b. as per the MET Awakening Corebook (pg 65), any PC whose Gnosis exceeds his Wisdom suffers from Mana Bleed (Gnosis-Wisdom= negative modifier to Mana pull)
3. Character Location and Influences: Characters occupying the position of Hierarch within this VSS must be attached to this VSS, exceptions can be granted at Mid approval by the DST of NY-004-D
4. Experience Award Guidelines
a. Per Game: PCs will be granted 5 xp per chapter, with an additional 1xp for good RP.
b. Downtime: There is a maximum of 4xp granted to players for submitting downtime actions between chapters. The amount of Xp awarded during each submission is dependent on the level of detail and activity of each submission. Such examples for submissions include:
– Submission of Downtime Action
– Submission of Media in relation to their character (Drawings, Journal Logs, Video Blogs, etc)
– Submitting detailed soft role play scene (please submit chat logs, email chain, audio/visual recording, etc)
5. Visiting Character Guidelines: All characters must provide an XP Log. Visiting characters will be asked about their goals when entering the city and asked to defer to characters with local status. The Storytellers reserve the right to deny entry to characters that will be unbalancing or detrimental to the stability of the game. The Storytellers also reserve the right to remove such a character from play.
6. Restricted items: The following are not allowed in this VSS: Military grade (ie Class III, IV FFL) weapons, explosives or other items capable of mass-or area-effect attacks, including Nuclear, Biological and Chemical weapons or effects.
7. Approvals and Recordkeeping: Any application for a special approval item or power submitted for a character assigned to this VSS should demonstrate an understanding of theme, consequences, responsibility, and self-restraint. A complete character sheet, including XP log, and a reasonably complete and detailed background should be kept filed and up to date on the Applications Database (International Camarilla Approvals System).